Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pierrot Le Fou

Friday night has been one for the books.

Car chases. Love affairs. Murder. European coastlines.

And all from the comfort of my bed.

I watched Pierrot Le Fou by Jean-Lu Godard in an attempt to broaden my film knowledge and be able to say that not all of last ten movies I've watched starred Jennifer Aniston.


To be honest, I half expected to just listen to it in the background while I did crafts and cleaned my house.

That was before I realized that the movie is in French and I would have to pay close attention to the screen at all times. Or learn French.

So I chose the former. I didn't realize before this movie how bad I've gotten at focusing on one thing at a time, even movie watching. But after on ten minutes I had ceased to be my scattered, multitasking self and was completely enthralled.


It's the story of these two gorgeous lovers, one searching for meaning in life, the other searching for fun. Could it be that they were searching for the same thing?


Ferdinand is man who have just left his family to live a life less ordinary, hoping that it inspires him to become a great writer. His obsession with reading and writing made me feel like we had a connection strong enough for me to dismiss his adultery and murderous tendencies. And he is certainly not hard on the eyes.


Marianne is my newest favorite heroine, if you can even really call her that. I can. And I will because I admire her spontaneity, her ability to break into song at any moment, and her aloof sexiness.

I also admire her wardrobe choices.
By far one of the more inspiring films I've watched and one that will likely make every man I date from here on out seem like he's lacking a sense of adventure.


A sense of depth.


A sense of danger.


A sense of brilliance.


On the up side, the future men I date will also be lacking a kill shot like Ferdinand had, which leaves me alive and well to study my French textbooks, book a trip to Paris, and fall in love with a Ferdinand look a like.

I'll save that for next Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment