Monday, March 26, 2012

Sensational Stirfry

I don't know about you, but my love for all things Asian knows no bounds.

Asia created one of my best friends in the whole world (Hi Bobo!), all of my electronics, and the magnetic compass, one of my favorite references. I love their fashion styles, their great walls, their long thick hair, their metabolisms, their Green Tea KitKats, and Hello Kittys.

And most of all (aside from little Bobo), their stir frys.

Here's the recipe created by me, a wannabe Asian. Or Whasion as Bobo calls me.

Sensational Stir Fry

Ingredients, 2 parter, there are lots:

1/4 cup lite tamari
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sriacha
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1tbsp lemongrass, minced
1 tbsp giner, minced
3 heaping tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 tbsp Braggs Amino Acid
1 block of tofu, drained and cubed
1 can of baby corn
2 tbsp olive oil


Now the veggie ingredients:

Small head of broccoli, chopped
1 pack of snap peas, cut in half
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 package of celery, chopped
1 zuchinni, chopped
1 package of mushrooms, chopped
1 large bundle of bok choy or another leafy asian green. I can't remember what I used.


I'm going to add here, that if you are gunning to be my next boyfriend, a boquet such as the one above will get you a hell of a lot further with me than your standard boquet of flowers.

First let's get saucy. Into an large jar add the tamari, lemon juice, sriacha, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, peanut butter, and Braggs. Close the lid and shake what your momma gave you. But only if your mom buys your groceries for you.

Once it's blended, or when your arms grow tired, whichever comes first, toss in the cubed tofu. Lid back on, couple more shakes, and put it in the fridge.

While thats marinating, you can chop your vegetables. This is by far my favorite household chore. I read an article a long time ago about how chopping veggies uses only the left side of your brain, allowing the right side that is usually running on overdrive to chill out. Leave it to the scientists to analyze the serentiy out of a perfectly relaxing time. Now all I think about is whether or not I can feel the actual sides working and that just completely grosses me out. Barf.

Ummm... ok, so back to stirfry. Chop all of your veggies and toss in a bowl. Heat up the olive oil on medium heat in a super large fryin pan or wok and start adding veggies. You may need to wait for some of the veggies to cook down before you can fit them all in.

Now that the veggies are cooking, it's time to toss in your marinated tofu and sauce.


Stirring frequently, let the stir fry cook on medium heat until the veggies are cooked but still crisp.

Dish this out onto rice or noodles, whichever you prefer, pour yourself a glass of sake and invite over all your favorite asian friends! Or your favorite wannabe asians (me perhaps), whichever you prefer.


Enjoy!!

And PS, I promise not to say barf in any more recipe posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment