Friday, March 16, 2012

Playing Video Games In My Blue Jeans

I am not a talent agent. I am not a hot shot record producer. I am not Simon Cowell.

However, I am the 959th person that watched Lana Del Rey's first music video. And considering that her family probably watched it at least 40 times when it was first put out, I was probably the 919th person to witness the pure genius that is Lana Del Rey.


I was her fan back when the Video Games youtube video was banned for copyright infringement and when she wanted to 'f&#k you hard in the pouring rain', rather than 'kiss you hard in the pouring rain'.


I remember when I first saw the video, being completely blown away, not only but her musical talent, the range in her voice and the lyrics to her songs, but by her persona.


She is someone that I could go for lunch with, take a quick trip to the mall, exchange love advice (surely she could sort me out), and then raid each other's closets.


I loved her first!!!


But I'm glad you love her too. I swear, not bitter at all. I guess I just feel like she has a piece of my heart, so when I see that it's being shared with the whole world I get a bit jealous.

I guess, This Is What Makes Us Girls.



Lana, I am so happy for your sucesss but I will always consider you my little discovery that I, alone, shared with the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jWcIDqXq0&feature=plcp&context=C3ec77e3UDOEgsToPDskJ5DyRiIArQT208qP_M3okt


No comments:

Post a Comment