Friday, March 2, 2012

Creamy Dreamy Mexican Rice

It's still chilly here in Calgary and I am in need of some major warming up.

I was going to mix up a Hot Toddy, but then I realized that I am out of rum.

I was going to going to hop on my private jet and head to the Bahamas but then I realized that I am not a millionaire.

I was going to call up my hot Brazilian lover, but then I realized that he doesn't exist.

What now? After a steaming hot bath I threw on my sexiest flannel jammies and headed to the kitchen to create something that would warm me from the inside out.

Creamy Dreamy Mexican Rice

Ingredients:

1 cup of dry rice, cooked
1 container of grape tomatoes
3 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 large or 3 small avocados
1/4 cup of chipotle peppers
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup of cilantro
1 cup of frozen corn, thawed



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Put on your favorite Ricky Martin CD. That part is very important.

Cut the tomatoes in half and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper and place on a baking sheet.

Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until crispy and black on the bottom.

Before:

After:

Start cooking the rice according to the package. I would give you instructions for this but rice cooking is not my greatest skill. You're better off listening to Mr. Ben, not Miss Lu.

Next, take a couple of minutes to shake your bon bon, shake your bon bon, shake your bon bon.

Toss into your blender the roasted tomatoes, avocados, lime juice (squeeze the hard, this can double as a bicep exercise), cilantro, and chipotle peppers. Blend until smooth and creamy.



Pour this mixture into a baking dish and once the rice is finished cooking, add that and the corn and mix thoroughly.

Finito.


This can be served as a side dish to a lovely tomato soup, or wrapped in a tortilla with some lettuce, or as I often do, lay it down on a bed of spinach.

Not quite as sexy as Seal laying it down on a bed of roses, but this will also do your body good. Just in a different way.



Temperature is coming up. Flannels are coming off. Starting to feel like I've been kissed by a rose on a grave.

Now THAT is some powerful rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment