Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It Starts Now...

At 29.

There is something about a birthday that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling that any mistakes or regrets from the past year have been wiped clean off of my slate and the future will bring only amazing and loving experiences my way. My own personal New Years Eve. Definitely just as exciting (maybe just for me) and just as ridiculous of a let down once all my motivation and gusto have vanished.

Of course, it always starts with the best of intentions, in my case, a personal resolution that I vow with all of my will not to break, such as: I will always wear my contacts and I will end my venti soy latte addiction! By 10 am I am squinting HARD at the Starbucks menu (do they have to hang it so far away?) and complaining about the sixty extra cents I have to pay for organic soy.

In an attempt to turn over a new leaf, to uncover a dog that has learned a new trick, my resolution for year 29 of my life is...da da da daaaaaa.... NO RESOLUTIONS!

I know, shocking right?!

Maybe not to you, dear reader (a.k.a. mom), but to me, the girl that usually write lists upon lists upon lists of things to do, recipes to make, songs to learn on the guitar, chores to accomplish, boys to date (Eddie, you're topping that one), crafts to complete, places to travel, books to read, exercise routines to complete.

Ummmm... did I just write another list?

It's kinda my thing.

But back to a resolution that is going to be a piece of cake to keep: no resolutions.

Except maybe just to keep it simple. And do what makes ME happy. Create art, even if no one sees it. Be consistent in blogging. Call long distance friends more often. Complete my trapeze routine without falling. Eat only raw organic food 80% of the time. Take my vitamins daily. Take my beautiful angel dog Sofi out for a walk every morning. Pack my lunch everyday for work. Smile at strangers more often. Avoid people that gossip. Stop gossiping. Don't let garbage bags pile up on my deck. Pay my last two years of taxes. Learn how to really surf. Stop complaining about the sixty cents it costs to feel good about my health choices.

Hmmmm... I think it did it again.

Maybe old dogs can't learn new tricks.

But then again, 29 is not that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment